HostGator has been in the business of web hosting since time immemorial. Having started business as a shared web hosting service, the company has widened its service portfolio over the years to include other forms of hosting, such as VPS and dedicated hosting.
In this HostGator review article, we’ll take a look at the features, plans, pricing, and a few other pertinent aspects of the hosting service and determine if it’s worthy of your money.
A Brief Overview
HostGator is in the hosting business since 2002. Headquartered in Houston, the service provider hosts more than eight million domains.
The close to 900 employees provide round-the-clock support and serve all sizes of businesses.
• Strong Suite
Primarily aimed at the average user, the flexibility of HostGator is in its robust suite. Dedicated, Windows, and VPS hosting is available. For the more advanced users, SSH, root access, and support for various programming languages such as Perl, Ruby, and Python are provided.
• Control Panels Aplenty
HostGator employs cPanel software to power the administration consoles of its customers. You may quickly get rolling, letting you carry out tasks such as launching and organizing e-commerce shopping carts. Using the back-end panel for account management, you may gather logs and stats using Webalizer, AWStats, Error Logs, and Raw Log Manager.
• Multiple Freebies
HostGator throws in numerous freebies with its hosting plans, which includes unlimited bandwidth and disk space, website building tools, a free site builder, several hundred site templates, unlimited MySQL databases, and free domain transfers. Moreover, new website owners are offered Google AdWords credits worth $100. You’ll have access to several hundred one-click installs that are available for all important open-source projects, including Joomla, Magento, and WordPress.
• Solid Support and Guarantees
A solid 45-day full refund guarantee offers you more than enough time to play with HostGator and ensure the company’s web hosting plans could serve your requirements. The uptime guarantee of 99.9 percent is quite standard for the hosting industry and would cover most people’s requirements. If you require an even better uptime rate, you may get it, but that will cost you more. Round-the-clock support throughout the year is available via chat and phone. There is an online knowledge base as well.
HostGator offers a range of hosting plans, which includes shared hosting, dedicated servers, VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, and cloud hosting.
These different plans are rich in features and ideal for different budget requirements.
• Shared hosting: If you are starting a new website, shared hosting is the ideal hosting choice. As the name suggests, this hosting plan entails sharing resources with other sites that are on the same server as your site. Under this type, HostGator offers three different plans: hatchling, baby, and business.
• Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting is like shared hosting, but unlike the latter, the former uses multiple servers. This hosting plan is ideal if your site sees frequent traffic spikes.
• WordPress hosting: This shared hosting plan is optimized for sites powered by WordPress. It safeguards your site from common WordPress attacks and optimizes performance.
• Virtual Private Server (VPS): VPS plans let you manage your resources on cloud hosting platforms. It’s ideal for flourishing websites.
• Dedicated hosting: Under this hosting plan, you get a dedicated server that hosts only your website. However, it’s much more challenging to manage because the service provider won’t be maintaining it.
• Strong server infrastructure and customer support
• Unlimited disk space even in basic plans
• Free website templates
• User-friendly control panel
• Flexibility to add multiple add-ons for security, privacy, and productivity
• No free domain
• A bit pricier than competitor plans
• Aggressive upselling
Pricing and Coupon
HostGator’s most inexpensive plan is its shared hosting plan, which comes around $2.75 per month, if you buy the 36-month package. The plans go up in price marginally thereafter.
WordPress hosting would cost you around $6 per month. Dedicated hosting is quite understandably the most expensive plan. If you’d like to know the exact prices, head to the official site. HostGator offers discounts every now and then.
There are also host gator coupons you could use to bring down the cost further.
HostGator is a reliable hosting service with a wide range of hosting plans and unmatched customer support. They provide all tools you may require to build a site.
Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned Internet user, you would find all necessary tools at HostGator to take your site to the next level. If we had to rate the service provider, we would give it 5 out of 5 stars.