A couple of decades ago a cell phone was considered a luxury and only a few people owned them. These bulky boxes have come a long way and today, a cell phone isn’t considered a luxury but necessity. This means almost everybody needs a cell phone these days.
The clunky, boxy cell phones are no longer clunky and are no longer called cell phones. They are now slim and stylish and are called smartphones. These smartphones come in a wide range of prices to fulfil the demand of everyone. We all know which phones are the best but sad not everybody could afford them. So, here is a list of ten smartphones which can be bought without burning a hole in your pocket.
# Oppo A71 CPH1801 (Black, 16GB) – Best Smartphone under 10K
11,999.00 – Offer Price: 10,000.00
You Save: 1,999.00 (17%) Oppo A71 Specification
- 13MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera
- 13.208 centimeters (5.2-inch) HD capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Android v7.1 Nougat operating system with 1.8GHz MSM450 Snapdragon octa core processor, Adreno 506 GPU, 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory expandable up to 256GB and dual SIM (nano+nano) dual-standby (4G+4G)
- 3000AH lithium-ion battery
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
# Xiaomi Redmi 5 Price: ₹7999
Xiaomi is a well-known brand in India when it comes to budget smartphones and Redmi 5 is one of the best smartphone under 10000 where one doesn’t need to shell out a lot of money to get the best. Let us have a look at the specifications.
- Chipset: It comes with a Snapdragon 450 Chipset with an Octa-core processor which provides it excellent speed while handling multiple tasks.
- GPU: It is no slouch in the gaming department either thanks to the Adreno 506 GPU.
- Display: The phone comes with a 5.7-inch display (resolution: 720×1440) and it is produces great colors.
- Camera: In terms of camera it has 12 MP camera with LED flash at the back along with a 5 MP selfie camera.
- RAM & Storage: In terms of storage and RAM the phone has a couple of options. One can get a 32 GB version with 3 or 4 GB RAM and a 16 GB version with 2 GB RAM.
- Battery: It has a 3080 maH battery which will last over a day on moderate use.
- Large Display
- Large Battery
- Good Camera
- Hybrid Sim Slot
- Poor low light camera performance.
Overall, the phone provides excellent performance in the price segment (Under 10000) which is evident from the comment by NDTV gadgets dot com where they claim it provides “an excellent value for money.” The only shortcoming according to them is that it runs Android Nougat and not Oreo out of the box. It should be definitely considered a worthy option while going to get a new phone.
# 10 or G Smartphone: Price: ₹7699
10 or G is a product of Chinese company Huaqin Technology which was founded back in 2005 and it arrived in India in September of 2017. The Smartphone was launched as a challenger to the extremely popular Redmi Note 4. Does the phone live up to the expectations? Let’s find out.
- Chipset: It is powered by an Octa-core processor of a Snapdragon 626 chipset.
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU means it can play all the games without any lag.
- Display: 10or G comes with a full-HD display on a 5.5-inch screen
- Camera: It has dual 13 MP (with LED flash) cameras at the back with a 16 MP (with LED flash) selfie-camera.
- RAM and Storage: The phone comes with couple of options viz. 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM with 64 GB ROM
- Battery: The phone has a massive 4000 maH battery.
Suggested Read: Leading 3 Mobile Brands in India
- Excellent battery life.
- Full-HD display.
- Dual rear cameras.
- Sub-par low light camera performance.
- Phone heats up too often.
The Smartphone has pretty decent performance and the specs at this price make it a great phone to have. It runs on Android Nougat which can be updated to Oreo OTA. The 4 GB model might not be under the ₹8000 mark but thanks to Icici offers you can still purchase it without thinking about the budget.
The battery which will last more than a day so you don’t need to worry about charging it every night. Its memory can also be expanded by 128 GB via memory card. It is a very nice phone overall and lives up to the expectations as GSMArena describes the phone to “a beast” when it comes to performance.
It is one of the most affordable phone available on the market and there is no reason why anyone should not get it.
# Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:Price: ₹7999
Xiaomi’s Redmi note series is well known for providing bang for the bucks and this iteration is no different in that case. The Redmi Note 4 is one of the newest member of the Note series and offers serious performance for an extremely affordable price. It comes with:
- Chipset: The phone has a Snapdragon 625 chipset running an octa-core CPU.
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU means you can play the latest game.
- Display: The phone has a full HD 5.5-inch display which produces crisp and clear image with lifelike colors.
- Camera: The 13 MP (dual tone, dual LED) back camera takes gorgeous pictures and the front facing 5 MP camera is excellent for taking selfies.
- RAM & Storage: It comes with either 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM or with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM.
- Battery: The 4100 mAh battery allows the phone to function for a whole day with heavy usage without any issue.
- Beautiful Full-HD display.
- Extremely good battery life.
- Poor camera performance
- The lack of USB Type-C port.
The octa-core CPU means it could handle multitasking without breaking a sweat. This along with a without any lags or glitches. Mysmartprices.com praises the phone for its jaw dropping battery performance but criticizes its lack of USB Type-C port. It is a great phone to have and one should definitely get one.
# Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) Price: ₹7999
Samsung Galaxy S9 might be marketed for the enthusiasts but Samsung hasn’t forgotten about its budget-oriented customers as the extremely popular Galaxy J2 is rereleased in 2018 as well. The 2018 J2 comes with a 5-inch 540×960 display and don’t let the resolution fool you as it has the Super AMOLED display which considered to be one of the best in the market. The Smartphone is modest with its specification with nothing much to boast about. Under the hood you will find:
- Chipset: Snapdragon 425 chipset with a quad-core processor which offers a decent performance.
- GPU: Adreno 308 which isn’t that great.
- Display: A 5-inch 540×960 display.
- Camera: 8 MP rear camera with flash and 5 MP selfie camera with flash.
- RAM and Storage: 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal.
- Battery: 2600 mAh removable battery.
- Super AMOLED display
- Huge secondary storage with a memory card.
- Pretty weak specs by current trend.
- Small battery
- Inferior screen when it comes to size and resolution.
Apart from weak processor the weak GPU means that you might also suffer while playing the recent games. The back camera might only have 8 MP in resolution but still manages to take great pictures. The front facing 5 MP camera with LED flash is excellent for taking selfies at every occasion.
The 16 GB internal storage can be increased up to 256 GB via memory card. The battery is slightly small and you might need to charge it twice in case you are a heavy user. It runs Android Nougat out of the box.
Gadgets. NDTV. com describes the phone to be an excellent choice for people who are looking for reliability and sturdiness over performance. This phone might not be ideal for everyone but the people who like a tough and robust smartphone won’t be disappointed by J2.
#5 Lenovo K6 Note:Price: ₹7399
Though the phones from Lenovo have lost their significance after the company acquired Motorola, the Note series is still popular among the people and K6 Note the flagship of the series in 2016 has now become extremely affordable. It comes with
- Chipset: Snapdragon 430 chipset with an Octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- Display: The phone comes with a full-HD 5.5-inch display
- Camera: 16 MP at the back and 5 MP at the front.
- RAM and Storage: 3 or 4 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM.
- Battery: 4000 mAh battery.
- Excellent battery life.
- Very nice camera at this price.
- Too much bloatware makes it sluggish.
- No USB Type C port.
- Hybrid Sim slot.
The Full HD display has great color reproduction along with a wide viewing angle. It comes with a fingerprint sensor at the back and has a fast processor to handle all the multitasking. The accompanying GPU will also let you play most of the games without any compromise. The 16 MP (dual LED, dual tone flash) back camera is excellent for taking pictures at day and offers acceptable pictures in low light. The front facing 5 MP camera is adequate for taking selfies in good light but not useful at night as it doesn’t come with a flash.
The 32 GB internal storage can be expanded by 256 GB via memory card. Unfortunately, you need to use the second sim slot for the memory card as the phone doesn’t come with a dedicated memory card slot. It has a non-removable battery which will easily last a day of heavy usage.
It has been praised by Mysmartprices dot com for its battery life and performance but also criticized it for lack of improvements over the previous model in the series. Overall, the Smartphone is a nice option in this budget.
# Panasonic Eluga A4: Price: ₹7999
This phone from Panasonic hasn’t much to offer in terms of performance. Why is it on this list then? It is a great phone because of its massive battery which will easily last for a couple of days of heavy use and you can even push it to three days. Let us see what else it has got
- Chipset: It has a Mediatek chipset with a quad core CPU.
- GPU: It comes with a Mali T720MP1 GPU.
- Display: It has a 5.5-inch screen with an HD display.
- Camera: 12 MP camera at the back and 5 MP camera in front.
- RAM and Storage: 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal.
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable battery.
- Massive battery
- Poor screen resolution.
- Phone heats up a lot during charging.
It has a sub-par 720p 5.2-inch screen as you can easily make out the individual pixels at close range. The Mediatek quad core CPU and Mali GPU provide decent performance while being light on the battery. The back camera is of 13 MP and takes decent pictures in natural light but suffers heavily indoors or at night. The front facing 5 MP is good for taking selfies but it is good to use it only for video calls as the pictures aren’t all that great.
It comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB storage that can be expanded by 128 GB using memory card. It runs on Android Nougat and has a massive 5000 mAh battery.
GSMArena considers the phone to be sub-par in terms of performance by today’s standards but calls it a beast in terms of battery life.
# Huawei Honor 5X: Price: ₹7999
Honor the sub-brand of Huawei is known for making excellent phone for less values and 5X is one of the best phone one can get with a budget of ₹8000. Released back in 2015, the phone comes with a 5.5-inch full HD screen which has excellent color reproduction and is crisp and clear. Let us have a look at what makes the phone a great choice. It comes with
- Chipset: It has a Snapdragon 616 chipset with an octa-core processor.
- GPU: It comes with an Adreno 405 GPU.
- Display: It has a 5.5-inch Full-HD display.
- Camera: 13 MP camera at the back and 5 MP camera in front.
- RAM and Storage: It has 2 GB or 3 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM.
- Battery: It has a 3000 mAh non-removable battery.
- Excellent specs for the price.
- Fast front-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Decent battery life.
- Poor low-light camera performance.
- Display is not good by current standards.
It has a fingerprint sensor at the back and comes with a fast and efficient octa-core processor which gives the phone an ability to perform multitasking without any lags or issues. The modest GPU also lets the user play most of the games without any issues. In terms of camera, it has a 13 MP camera at the back which is excellent for taking pictures during the day but suffers due to noise at night. The front facing 5 MP camera takes great selfies but sadly it doesn’t have a flash.
The phone comes in two variants, one with 2 GB RAM and the other has 3 GB RAM. Both the variants come with 16 GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 256 GB using a memory card. The non-removable 3000 mAh battery will last a day with moderate usage so you don’t need to carry a charger with you everywhere. It runs on Android 6 (Marshmallow) which is somewhat old but no need to worry as the preinstalled EMUI 4.0 skin won’t let you notice that you are running an older version.
According to GSMArena, the phone has a solid performance and many users claim that they haven’t run into any serious trouble apart from heating over the past couple of years. So, you can definitely get this phone even though phones like Redmi 5 will be a better option.
# Moto E4– Price: ₹8616
Moto E series is for the users with a constrained budget, people who don’t want to spend a significant amount and yet want a decent phone need not look any further. The fourth iteration of the Moto E series comes with a huge display which has great viewing angles. It also has a front mounted finger print sensor which is fast and responsive. Other specs are:
- Chipset: It has a Mediatek chip with a Quad-core processor.
- GPU: It comes with a Mali T720 GPU.
- Display: The phone has a huge 5.5-inch Full-HD display.
- Camera: 8 MP (LED Flash) camera at back and 5 MP (LED Flash) camera at the front.
- RAM and Storage: 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM.
- Battery: It has a 2800 mAh battery.
- Excellent performance at the price.
- Removable battery
- Front mounted fingerprint scanner.
- The camera resolution is low.
- The Mediatek chipset used are prone to heating up.
In terms of hardware under the hood, there is a quad-core CPU which can handle heavy loads without any trouble and the GPU allows users to play most of the games without any lag or frame drops. The back camera is average with a resolution of 8 MP which can take acceptable pictures but suffers at night. The front facing 5 MP camera with flash is excellent for taking selfies at any time.
The presence of dedicated micro SD card slot allows the storage to be expanded by an additional 128 GB. The 2800 mAh battery which can be removed. It comes with Android Nougat and will also receive the future updates as well.
Gadgets.NDTV.com compliments the phone for its responsiveness but criticizes its camera performance in low light. The phone is a decent option if you are looking for a phone with good reliability and from a widely known brand.
# Nokia 3 – Price: ₹7990
The well-known mobile manufacturing brand, Nokia is back. This time powered by Android the mobile phones will keep on continuing the legacy of the robust and durable Nokia phones of the past.
Similar to the past phones, the Nokia 3 won’t boast with its specifications but will perform extremely well with the limited resources it has.
- Chipset: It has a Mediatek chipset with a quad core processor.
- GPU: It has a Mali-720P GPU.
- Display: 5-inch 720p display.
- Camera: 8 MP camera with flash both at the back and in front.
- RAM and Storage: 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal
- Battery: 2680 mAh.
- Good camera performance.
- The phone is fast and fluid.
- The specs are nowhere near the other phones in this price range.
- Other phones offer better camera.
- Battery could have been bigger.
The phone comes with a 5-inch HD screen with gorilla glass for extra protection. The screen is great and visible in sunlight along with good viewing angles. In terms of internals it has a decent 4-core processor which handles all the tasks without any trouble at all. The top of the line Mali GPU means that you can enjoy your favourite games without facing any lags or frame drops.
The 8 MP rear camera takes great photos during the daytime but performs sub-par at night. The front facing 8 MP camera which comes with a flash allows you to take selfies at any time and gives excellent video quality for video calls. It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 256 GB with a memory card. It has a 2680 mAh battery which will last for a day without any problems. The phone comes with Android Nougat installed and can be updated to Oreo.
According to gadgets. NDTV. com the phone continues the legacy of the previous Nokia devices and is an excellent choice for people looking to get a smartphone on a budget.
# Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite– Price: ₹7999
Another entry in the list from Xiaomi explains why it is so popular among the users who want a smartphone with great specs and a low price.
The Y1 lite comes with a nice display which has excellent color reproduction. It comes with a decent CPU for handling the multitasking without any sort of lag and heating up. The GPU might not be top of the line but it makes playing most of the games on the mobile very entertaining as you won’t notice any sort of lag. The specifications are as follows:
- Chipset: Snapdragon 425 chipset which has a quad-core CPU.
- GPU: It has an Adreno 308.
- Display: The phone has a 5.5-inch Full-HD display.
- Camera: It has a 13 MP camera at the back and 5 MP camera at the front.
- RAM and Storage: 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal.
- Battery: 3080 mAh non-removable battery.
- The phone has an excellent performance at this price.
- The cameras perform decently in well-lit areas.
- The storage can be expanded by up to 256 GB.
- The Redmi Note 4 gives similar specs and comes from a trusted series.
- Other new phones come with dual cameras at this price.
In terms of camera, the camera at the back which takes great pictures in daylight and acceptable pictures at night. The front facing 5 MP camera is good for taking selfies and making video calls. The 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 256 GB means you won’t suffer while multitasking and running out of storage won’t be an easy option. This accompanied by 3080 mAh battery means you can use the phone for one whole day without any need to recharge it again.
The phone has been praised by Gadgets NDTV dot com for its excellent performance while keeping the price within a budget. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for a new mobile phone.
Many Smartphones are out there for a given budget and some are great and the others are not. It is not easy to decide which phone to get as they all offer something different from the other. So, if you are looking for a new mobile this list will help you narrow down your options and help you get a great mobile.