Amazon is a booming e-commerce platform and everybody wants a piece of the pie. Several traditional brick-and-mortar stores are moving their operations online if not entirely, at least partly.
What makes Amazon such an enticing option for enthusiastic sellers everywhere is their extremely convenient option – Fulfillment by Amazon or Amazon FBA as it is commonly known.
Amazon FBA is a service provided for sellers whereby Amazon takes care of all the fulfillment-related activities. From storage to packaging, shipping, product returns and exchanges, and customer service – Amazon will take care of everything from end to end. To learn more about Amazon FBA, click here.
Seller Central account registration
To leverage FBA services, you have to register yourself as a seller on Amazon Seller Central. You can be either an amazon Individual seller or a Professional seller according to yo犀利士 ur bandwidth. The registration process is easier if you keep all the information and documents handy. The required documents are as follows.
- Business Information.
The legal name of your business, address, and contact information.
- Email Address.
An already set-up email address associated with your company.
- Credit Card
An international credit card with a verifiable, valid billing address.
- Phone Number
A contact number at which Amazon can reach you during the registration process
- Tax ID
This includes your Social Security number or your company’s Federal Tax ID number.
- State Tax ID
This information is needed for states in which you have a tax nexus.
Also Read: How to Build an ecommerce Store
Now that you have all the documents ready and handy, you can begin the registration process.
- Visit https://sell.amazon.com/?ref_=asus_soa_rd&
- Scroll down the page and on the right side, you will see a box with the header saying ‘Make money. Click on ‘See Pricing’ below it.
- You can also click on the big ‘Sign up’ button, and you’ll straight away be taken to the registration page for a professional seller. The ‘See pricing’ link, on the other hand, shows you all the information and comparison between the Amazon Individual seller account and professional accounts so that you can choose accordingly.
- If you’re going to sell more than 40 products per month, then choose the ‘professional’ account. If you’re selling on Amazon on a much smaller scale (lesser t犀利士 han 40 units per month), select the Individual seller plan.
- After selecting the plan of your choice, enter your email address and password and click ‘Next’.
- You will then be redirected to another page where you will have to enter a one-time password (OTP), which will be sent to your email address or phone number as you provided earlier. With this, the verification of your email address is complete.
- Click on ‘Create your Amazon account’.
- Now you have to select your business location and type by providing the said information to Amazon.
- The location of your business or which country it is in. Make sure you provide the right information because it is subject to Amazon verification.
- Your business type: Choose what type your business falls under from the various options publicly-owned business, privately-owned business, state-owned business, charity, or ‘None, I am an individual’
- Provide your first, middle, and last names.
- Click on ‘Agree and continue’.
- Now, you will have to provide a host of personal details along with something to validate your identification like your passport number or your driver’s license in addition to phone numbers so that Amazon can verify your identity. Click ‘Next’ when done.
- After providing all your ‘Individual Information’, check the box below the marketplace(s) (eg. Amazon.com, Amazon. in, etc.) according to the marketplace you want to sell in. and click ‘next’.
- The next step is to enter the card number and expiration date of any one of your credit cards along with the full name as provided on the card.
- In the next step, you’ll need to provide information about the products in your catalog. The questions will include – the name of your Amazon store if you have UPC codes for your products or not, whether you are the manufacturer and/or brand owner of the product you’re selling, if you have a registered trademark for your products, or not.
- The final step is to confirm the business address you provided earlier.
- You will then receive a postcard at that address and a verification code which you need to type into the ‘Enter code below’ field. Click ‘Next’ to finish the verification process.
What comes after registration?
Of course, FBA comes at a price along with its convenience. For all the products you decide to sell on Amazon FBA, make sure you first calculate the FBA fees. Instead of doing it manually, use SellerApp’s FREE Amazon FBA calculator chrome extension for an accurate estimate on how much all the various FBA fees will add up to in just seconds.
After registration, all you need to do is list the products that you’re selling, label them, or have Amazon do it and then send them to an Amazon fulfillment center. From there on, Amazon takes over handling, storing, tracking, packaging, and shipping your products to customers.
Amazon FBA is a boon to sellers and takes the weight of customer service, storage, and handling of the products of the sellers’ shoulders. Before you sell on Amazon FBA, make sure you conduct a good amount of product research and optimize your listings to ensure they rank well and you can thus earn maximum conversions. Optimizing for Amazon SEO will help you make the most out of FBA and scale your e-commerce business with ease.
Global Selling on Amazon with amazowl