Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has numerous ZIP codes covering various neighborhoods and areas within the city. Here are some of the ZIP codes for different parts of Philadelphia:
Philadelphia zip code
- Center City: ZIP codes in Center City include 19102, 19103, 19106, 19107, 19146, and others.
- South Philadelphia: ZIP codes in South Philadelphia include 19145, 19148, and 19147.
- West Philadelphia: ZIP codes in West Philadelphia include 19104, 19131, and 19139.
- North Philadelphia: ZIP codes in North Philadelphia include 19121, 19122, and 19132.
- Northeast Philadelphia: ZIP codes in Northeast Philadelphia include 19111, 19114, 19115, and 19152.
- Northwest Philadelphia: ZIP codes in Northwest Philadelphia include 19118, 19119, and 19128.
Please note that Philadelphia has many more ZIP codes, and the above list is not exhaustive. The specific ZIP code for a particular address in Philadelphia can be found by using an address lookup tool or by referring to postal services or mapping websites.
how many zip codes in philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has numerous ZIP codes, and the exact number can change over time due to population growth and changes in postal designations. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there were over 80 ZIP codes within the city of Philadelphia.
The number of ZIP codes may vary slightly based on factors such as postal service adjustments and population changes. For the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding ZIP codes in Philadelphia, you can refer to the official website of the United States Postal Service (USPS) or contact your local post office.
zip code and postcode
“ZIP code” and “postcode” are terms used in different countries to refer to the same concept: a system of postal codes used to designate specific geographic areas for mail sorting and delivery. The terminology varies based on the country:
- ZIP Code (Zone Improvement Plan Code):
- “ZIP code” is used in the United States by the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- ZIP codes are a series of numbers (and optionally letters) that help identify precise geographic areas for efficient mail sorting and delivery.
- “Postcode” is a more commonly used term in many countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, and many European countries.
- It serves the same purpose as ZIP codes, designating specific postal areas for mail routing.
In essence, both ZIP codes and postcodes are alphanumeric codes that assist postal services in sorting and delivering mail accurately. They help streamline the mail delivery process by directing mail to the correct locality or address within a given country. The format and structure of these codes may vary from one country to another, but their primary function remains the same.