PMP exam pass rate is still very high, of course, this can not be separated from their persistence and perseverance. However, many people will go into detours at the beginning of the PMP learning, such as wrong learning methods, wrong learning process, wrong remembering of key points, wrong improvisation, and misunderstanding of the exam skills, etc.
Today I will give you the secret weapons for passing the Project Management Professional. First of all, I will talk about the preparation method. If you need the PowerPoint for learning the PMP exam, you can ask me for it.
Preparation Stages (Four Stages to Conquer the Study Problems)
The first stage: Read the fifth edition of PMBOK first, starting from the directory with the tutorial video. Read through the book a section by a section. If you encounter the difficult knowledge, then you can use the highlighter and point them out with a circle. And then you need to turn to ask the teacher. If condition permitting, you can shorten the chapter content and copy it to the notebook. You must have the plan to prepare the exam. You need to understand the framework of the whole book, and master the knowledge to sort out the types including the knowledge encountered in life and encountered on the job. Point them with different markers to identify, and then look at the book. It will be more targeted to learn and to prepare for the exam.
The second stage: Follow the video of the network class to read the book two or three times again to deepen your impression of the book knowledge. The reading of this stage can be combined with the reviewing handbook provided by the training institutions to read the book. Read a chapter and the corresponding knowledge, and then do the exercises. You can finish the exercise one by one according to the sections. As for the incorrect questions, you should take them as the notes on a book. Then corresponding knowledge points of these incorrect questions also need to be written down on the notebook. Incorrect questions can be finished repeatedly. But remember to write down with a pencil in order to facilitate the practice again. The notebook used to excerpt the knowledge points can be small so that you can take out to see and turn over in your leisure time to deepen your impression of knowledge points.
The third stage: Finish the questions! It’s a good habit to prepare a notebook to excerpt the incorrect questions and insist to do it. But remember to write down the incorrect questions with a pencil in order to facilitate the practice again. The understanding of the knowledge points is also the same.The notebook used to excerpt the knowledge points can be small so that you can take out to see and turn over in your leisure time to deepen your impression of knowledge points. Remember to read a chapter of a book a week. After reading the book, then you should finish the corresponding exercises of that chapter. Mark the incorrect questions with the red circle. Read the book to find the answers. Don’t just take the question to ask the teacher directly. Read the knowledge points and take the initiative to turn over the books. As for some difficult knowledge points, you can ask the teacher. This knowledge points will be rooted to the mind with more deep impression.
The forth stage: It is the strengthening phase. Recite more key points given by your teacher. You need to spend much time understanding the important and difficult points at this stage. Ask the teacher and don’t drag if you do not understand some difficult ones. Never put off till tomorrow what can be done today. Otherwise, you will find the remaining legacy will be more and more. So it is also an important premise of the exam preparation to solve the problems in time. In this process, you also should read and recite more technique summary given by your teacher. In addition, write the ITTO from the memory many times.
The fifth stage: It is the ending phase. You should take the excessive exercise tactic. After you have taken the training class, institutions will have a lot of simulation of the questions for you to practice. So you have to be hard-working and finish more questions frequently at this stage to solve the vacancy problem. It is the most important. You can make a daily plan, including the amount of the finished questions and the correct questions. You should learn it with a targeted purpose. In this way, the process of learning will not be boring and directionless.
The last step is to finish those incorrect questions again. The memory of the knowledge points will be more deepened. The summary of the knowledge points includes keyword classification of all kinds of tools to collect demand, risk and quality, the formulas which have been tested for many times, the contract types, quality assurance and quality control.
The most important thing is that you should read the teaching material more and understand and recite more important knowledge points every day. Also, you should do the practice every day. Especially the incorrect ones, you need to finish them one more time. This is really important to finish the simulation questions because you will find some problems when you face some knowledge points which are easy to confuse and you do not understand. So you need to do more exercises to check the leakage and fill the vacancy. So understanding of knowledge will be more thorough. The memory of the knowledge points will be deeper.
A Few Tips
1. PMBOK books are very important, so you need to spend more time understanding the textbook to rely on your understanding to recite the knowledge points. Because the textbook is relatively thick, so you should focus on understanding.
2. Make a mind map by yourself according to the teacher’s teaching content, including 5 process group relation logic and 10 knowledge domain logic relation diagram. These two diagrams are very important, which include many important knowledge points. So you have to memorize it first, and then you have to write it by heart.
3. Do more practice. Training institutions will provide you with many sets of simulation test. First of all you should finish the daily practice and then turn to the practice of the later chapters. The last step is to give your limited time to finish the simulation with 200 questions. The early stage of the regular exercise will take more time, but the later simulation should be limited to less time to finish. Because the normal exam contains 200 questions, and the total test time is 4 hours. So you have to keep up with that.
4. Ask if you don’t understand. Ask more in the group, communicate more, or ask the teacher directly. There are always some great people who will create an unique understanding for the PMP knowledge system. Some of the learning modes is simple and efficient, and maybe you can apply it and get some new friends. How great!
5. The test is in both Chinese and English test paper in a written way. It’s best to start reading the English form when you read the title. If your English is not very good, you can read the proper noun and then the Chinese. Because there will be a little deviation more or less when you translate English into Chinese usually. Because of its ambiguity, coupled with its ambiguous options, it is easy to choose the wrong answer. Many students make wrong decision because of not reading the English. Key words can help you get points. (This is very important.)