According to a study, almost half of the Australian population has ordered food online till now. This reflects the skyrocketing demand for food delivery apps. Not only pizzas and burgers, more than 100 types of cuisines can be ordered online in Australia. The tempting food photography, customer reviews, assorted food options, great offers, convenient online payment simply make food apps the best choice for foodies.
In modern busy schedule and lifestyle, it’s quite hard for many people to prepare food at home, or manage time to dine-out. So, the need for online food delivery services is in demand. Through this post, I’m sharing Australia’s most popular food apps that give you a convenient menu for all your favorite cafes and restaurants, and lets you order and get the food delivered to your doorstep. But before that, let’s understand:
How food delivery services work in Australia
Online food delivery services platforms give restaurants access to an online platform through which customers can order their food. The restaurants pay commissions of up to 35%. Orders are delivered either by the restaurants’ own drivers or the platforms’ third-party contractors.
Best online Food Delivery and Ordering services/apps in Australia
- Menulog : Menulog is one of the largest online food delivery app in Australia, offering delicious meals with over 7,500 outlets. Customers can enjoy more than 130 cuisines at best price.
- Hey You: Hey You is a godsend angel for the morning coffee fiend. It does an extremely good job of tracking your previous orders and making it easy to order them again, so it takes literally seconds to stab in your coffee and/or toast order as you’re stumbling off the train towards your favourite cafe near your office.
- Foodora: Foodora is one of the premium food apps in Australia which delivers only cuisines from the best of the restaurants. The app displays curated list of reputed restaurants and follows a streamlined process of ordering and delivering food.
- Skip : Skip is another one for coffee fiends. It’s a Hey You competitor and its hook is that it makes ordering every bit as easy — even down to the super-simplified interface.
- Delivery Hero: Delivery Hero is all about popular lunch and dinner choices — it’s where you’d go to order from your local pizza place or that great Chinese down the road.
- Deliveroo: Deliveroo focuses on selling and delivering sumptuous food to homes and offices.Deliveroo lets you track your food in real time, and for the most part the app promises sub-30-minute delivery times, which helps it fit into tight lunch breaks and for you to time it closely with your commute home after a long day.
- UberEATS: Uber Eats is a newer meal delivery service than other leading brands. Launched in Australia just two years ago in April 2016, the service has quickly taken off. Uber Eats is used by 16.4% of Metrotechs putting it ahead of Menulog/Eatnow.com.au on 13.4%, Deliveroo on 7.3% and Foodora on 3.8%.
According to research by @findercomau, a third of Australians living in capital cities order through online food delivery services Menulog, UberEats, Deliveroo and Foodora. There are 68 million online food orders each year and over 7,000 orders each hour.
The research shows that Australians are spending a whopping $2.6 billion each year on delivered meals and drinks, equating to an average individual spend of $1,590 each year. Sydneysiders appear to be the biggest fans of ordering online (or the laziest) spending an average of $1,958 each year.
The Ultimate List of Australian Meal Delivery Services
- Marley Spoon Australia
Delivery Areas: Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Wollongong, Newcastle and the NSW Central Coast.
- Lite N Easy Australia
Delivery Areas: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia
- Thr1ve Australia
Delivery Areas: Thr1ve delivers to New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and ACT Metro areas.
- Food for You Australia
Delivery Areas: We deliver to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Central coast and Qld Coastal towns up to Townsville.
- Five Point Four
Delivery areas: The Eastern Seaboard of Australia. Check with them to see if you are included.
- Muscle Meals Direct Australia
Delivery Areas: Sydney Metro, Melbourne Metro, Brisbane Metro, Adelaide Metro and Perth Metro areas
- Goodness Me Box
Delivery Areas: Australia Wide
- Hello Fresh Australia
Where they deliver: Adelaide, Albury, Ballarat, Bendigo, Brisbane, Cairns*, Canberra, Central Coast, Darwin*, Gladstone, Gold Coast, Mackay*, Melbourne, Newcastle, Rockhampton, Southern Highlands, Sunshine Coast, Sydney, Toowoomba, Townsville, Tweed Heads, Wollongong
- Dietilicious Australia
Delivery Areas: Dietilicious currently deliver to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and surrounds.
- Fresh Meals 2 U Australia
Delivery Areas: Fresh, Healthy Meal Delivery Service to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney & Melbourne.
- Gym Food Australia
Delivery areas: North Queensland Pick-up Weekly, South East Queensland Home Delivery Weekly, Northern NSW Home Delivery Weekly, New South Wales Home Delivery Weekly, Victoria Home Delivery Weekly, South Australia Home Delivery and Pick-up Weekly, Western Australia Home Delivery and Pick-up Weekly, Darwin Pick-up Weekly.
- Ready-Fit Meals Australia
Delivery Areas: Adelaide Metro only
- Home Chef Australia
Delivery Areas: Home Chef is available throughout the Perth Metropolitan Area from Two Rocks to Mandurah to the Hills area. Home Chef is also an approved meal provider to various regional hospitals and can deliver bulk orders to regional areas.
- The Cook’s Grocer Australia
Delivery areas: We deliver to Sydney, Southern Highlands, Canberra, Newcastle and the Central Coast. Our food box delivery contains everything you need to cook delicious, healthy meals in 30 minutes.
- Primal Food Australia
Delivery areas: Melbourne and outer suburbs.
- Dinner Twist Australia
Delivery Areas: Across all of Western Australia
- The Dinner Ladies Australia
Delicious dinners, delivered to homes across Sydney since 2007. The Dinner Ladies, which promises exactly that: freshly-made pies, lasagnes, curries, chooks, strews and fish cakes – all snap frozen and ready for you to reheat for a meal in a hurry. Select small, medium or large servings depending on your family size and then navigate the multitude of icons next to each dish (kid-friendly, contains pork, gluten-free, needs cooking etc) to decipher whether it’s right for you.
The Best Indian Food Restaurants in Australia
We understand that being a food lover, you are constantly on the lookout for new places to try out. And we took the pains to find you some exceptional new places in Australia where you can enjoy really delicious Indian Food.
Here’s a list of Best Indian Food restaurants in and around Perth that you need to check out:
- FUSION6 Best Indian Restaurant in Perth
230 Cambridge Street WEMBLEY WA 6014 Australia
- Delhi6Sweets – Indian Restaurant in Canning Vale Perth
30/271 Amherst rd canning vale Perth,
- Bollywood Spices Indian Cuisine
Shop 9, 299 Charles Street, North Perth, Perth
- Govinda’s Restaurant
194 William Street, Northbridge, Perth
- The Cove Indian Restaurant
568 Canning Hwy, Attadale, Alfred Cove, Perth
- Punjab Indian Restaurant
371 Scarborough Beach Road, Innaloo, Stirling, Perth
- Shehnai Tandoori Indian Restaurant
Shop 5A, 76 Constellation Drive, Ocean Reef, Perth
The Best Indian Food Restaurant in Sydney
- The Muglan Nepalese and Indian Restaurant
116 Liverpool St, Sydney NSW 2000
- North Indian Cuisine Sydney
131 Oxford St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Bombay Street Kitchen Sydney
University Hall Building Corner of Glebe Point Road & Parramatta Road, NSW 2037
- Aki’s Indian Restaurant
1/6 Cowper Wharf Roadway, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
- Indian Home Diner
86 Oxford St, Paddington NSW 2021