Do you use Mac or Windows and you need to take a screenshot quickly?. There are many options to take screenshots in Mac & Windows 10,8, and Windows 7. You can use these built-in tools and features, without having to install third-party apps and extensions for this task. You get the same results, and it only takes a bit of effort.
Table of Content
What is a Screenshot?
Screenshot is an image which captures the contents of a digital display screen. Once a screenshot is captured, it can be saved as an image file. Screenshot, also known as screen capture, snapshot or screen grab.
How to Take Screenshot in Laptop Windows 10, 8, 8.1 & 7
If you are using Windows 10, 8, 8.1 & 7, then there are two in-built options to take a screenshot of the contents of what you see on your digital display screen. First one is a Snipping Tool and second one is the PRINT SCREEN key.
Using the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot on windows 10,8 & 7
- Open Snipping Tool For Windows 10
- Select the Start button, type snipping tool in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
- Open Snipping Tool For Windows 8.1 / Windows RT 8.1
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search), type snipping tool in the search box, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
- Open Snipping Tool For Windows 7
- Select the Start button, then type the snipping tool in the search box, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
Using the PRINT SCREEN key to take a screenshot on windows 10,8 & 7
Depending on your keyboard, you may use the Windows Logo Key + PrtScn button as a shortcut for the print screen.
If your device does not have the PrtScn button, you may use Fn + Windows logo key + Space Bar to take a screenshot, which can then be printed.
Suggested Read: How to fix Avast antivirus issue on Windows 10
How to take a screenshot on a macs
It is also easy to capture a screenshot on your mac. Here’s how to capture what’s on your screen
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.
How to capture a portion of the mac screen
- Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4.
- Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the selection, press and hold the Space bar while dragging. To cancel taking the screenshot, press the Esc (Escape) key.
Before closing this post, tell us what is your favorite way of taking screenshots, in Windows & Mac Comment below.
Also Read: How to clear cache on mac