Meal prepping is the concept of preparing whole meals or dishes ahead of schedule.It’s particularly popular among-st busy people because it can save a lot of time. Meal Prep is simply preparing some, or all of your meals ahead of time.
Table of Content
What is Meal Prep?
Meals-to-go businesses prepare and deliver cooked meals to busy customers who prefer to save time on cooking and grocery shopping.
They can afford to bring home or have delivered great meals for their family. What they do not have is the time it takes to find and select quality ingredients, spend the time cooking the meal, and then prepare a meal that is hot and fresh for their families.
The most successful meals-to-go organizations provide delicious and nutritious food according to diet planning that moderates the unhealthy choices and leans towards healthier choices. This is where the big successes in this business are now coming from. Companies that provide these great meals are making records profits.
The keys to success in Prep Meal business.
- Creating a high level of customer satisfaction in meal prep service and products, which will lead to customer retention each month.
- Marketing: getting your business name out to the public, primarily through an intensive marketing campaign driven by your customers (word of mouth) with a supplemental vehicle of standardized and conventional marketing tactics.
- Great product quality and variety that will be used to aid in customer retention and growth.
- Variety of menus offered based on seasons, trends and customer preferences.
- Exceeding your customers’ expectations by offering them a higher quality of food for a competitive price.
- Prep Meal website will be an efficient and convenient place for customers to register and pay for parties.
Difference Between Meal Planning and Meal Prep
Meal planning and meal prep work together to ultimately serve the same purpose, but they’re not the same thing. Meal planning is the process that asks and answers the question of “What’s for dinner?” by choosing recipes that best fit your needs and schedule. Meal prep is the process of setting aside a block of time to prep ingredients and/or cook meals for the week ahead.
Benefits of Using Meal Prep Delivery Services
- Freshly prepared meals services have a range of affordable meal packages and bundles on offer. Some offer a subscription based service which you can pause or cancel at any time and others allow you to order products as and when you feel you need them.
- You can save time on food shopping and preparing and cooking meals. With the hours saved each week you can perhaps dedicate more time to other activities such as an existing or new hobby, spending more quality time with family and friends or doing more exercise.
- You have the option from some services to order different categories of prep meals or meal kits such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, juices and smoothies.
- Being able to order meals in just the right quantity will leave you satiated. You won’t be bursting at the seams because you’ve slightly overindulged or be yearning for more food because the portion was too small or not nutritionally balanced. Having a perfectly proportioned meal or being provided with ingredients to create one, also helps eliminate food waste.
- You can order fresh or flash frozen meals or recipe kits, which are organic, free from additives and preservatives and will arrive on designated days throughout the week. Your food items are delivered in cool bags and can therefore remain fresh until you able to store them in a suitable location.
- Personalised meal delivery services provide bespoke nutrition to cater to your specific requirements. You could be an athlete that has to consume a specific balance of proteins, carbs and fats or you just might want to maintain your weight or lose weight/fat. Leading a busy lifestyle might leave you with not much time to cook. Food intolerances could be an issue for you. A vegetarian, vegan or a paleo diet could be what you require. Whatever your tailored nutrition needs are, there is a healthy meal management provider that can fulfill them.
- There is a considerable choice of food on offer as many food prep companies rotate their menus frequently. As a result you get to experience fresh new tasty and innovative recipes and meals and if you’re lucky, you could have your favourite meals created just for you.
- Some personalised meal prep services label their meals with nutritional and ingredient information so you know exactly which ingredients are in your food, how many calories you will consume and whether the meat is grass fed and the ingredients are locally sourced.
- Meal delivery ordering systems are relatively easy to use. You simply register online on the meal prep/meal kit delivery service website of your choice, order your meals and make a payment. You usually receive your meals within a few days or up to a week but there are a number of companies that deliver your food daily.
Major Online Meal Prep Companies
There are now more than 150 meal Kit and meal prep companies in the U.S. alone. Here’s a rundown of some of the most important players.
Sun Baske:- Healthy Cooking Made Easy
Perfect for: Dietary restrictions
Cost: $36.94 for your first box, including three meals for two people.
Home Chef:- Meal Prep Delivery Service
Cost: $59 for three meals for two people, includes all sauces, salts, and oils.
Availability: Home Chef delivers to 98 percent of the United States
Sakara Life:- Ready-to-eat meals. Delivered to your home
Cost: Packages start at $99 per person per day for a five-day plan.
Availability: New York, USA
Freshly:- Meal Prep Delivery Service
Cost: Four meals per week for one person starts at $50. Also, if you refer a friend, you’ll help them get $40 off their order and $40 off your next two orders.
Availability: Currently delivers to all states within the continental U.S
Purple Carrot:- Plant Based Meal Delivery
The cost: Each week you choose 3 dinners which serves 2 people at $12 a plate of $72 a week.
Availability: Purple Carrot delivers to the contiguous 48 USA states.
Martha & Marley Spoon:- Meal Delivery Service
The cost: Two meals per week for two people starts at $48 per week; four meals for three to four people starts at $131.20 a week. All include free weekly delivery.
Availability: Available in almost all of the contiguous U.S. states.
Blue Apron:- Fresh Meal Delivered to Your Home
Cost: Two-person plans, with three meals per week, start at $60.
Availability: Blue Apron is available nationwide in the United States
Plated:- Meal Delivery Services
The cost: $71.70 for two servings, three meals a week. New customers can also save up to $159 with a current offer for 25 percent off your first four weeks up until January 31, 2019.
Availability: Plated delivers to 95 percent of the U.S
HelloFresh:- Chef-Made Recipes/Meals Delivered To your Doorstep
Cost: Three two-serving meals starts at $55.
Availability: Delivers across all of the continental U.S.
How to Start a Meal Prep Business
- Business Plan – Create meal prep business plan that outlines each stage of business development for your business.
- Licenses and Insurance – Register your meal prep business with your local food department and Purchase business insurance.
- Financial Planning
- Reduce Ecological Footprint
- Competitor Analysis
- Meal Prep Online Portal ( website/App)
- Hire Employees
- Market Your New Business
- Understand Buyers