There are various kinds of music editing tools available in the market. Since there is a variety of audio editing software most music editors find it difficult to choose the appropriate one. You will also get some open source tools that are free whereas some have some additional features and you have to buy those tools. That paid software runs on a specific operating system. In this article, we have come up with the top features, cost, and advantages, and disadvantages of some of the top audio editing software that you can certainly use for making a flawless film or video.
List of Some Top Audio Editing Tools
The following are some of the best audio editing tools that are highly used in EKmixmaster mixing studio:
- Adobe Audition: This is one of the most popular audio editing tools with which you can customize and edit the audio file as per your necessity. This tool comes up with a complete multi-tracker video recorder, mixer, and also has a multi-track digital audio clip editor. You can operate this tool on the Windows operating system. You need $20.99 per mother for using this tool. This tool has an intuitive audio interface and powerful editing and repairing tools. This is considered to be the best audio editing software and it includes some incredible features like multi-track editing and mixing. With these features, you can do audio editing very easily as well as efficiently. This software also has an Auto Ducking feature with the help of which it becomes possible for the sound editor to find out those places where it is required to lower the volume of the background track so that they can make the sound of the vocal, speech, etc. clearer. Thus with such a feature of this tool, the job of the sound engineer becomes a lot easier.
- This is the most powerful tool for restoring the sound
- You can suppress and reduce noise with this tool
- This tool is very useful for visualization
- It adheres to audio and video standard for both film and television
- It comes up with a speech synthesis tool and this type of software are very rare
- In this tool, there is no MIDI support
- It is available via subscription
- Cannot burn CD with this product
- Audacity: This is an open-source audio editing software and it is completely free to use. It has many effects that include bass, treble, distortion, noise removal, etc. Moreover, it also comes up with some analysis tools, such as beat finder, silence finder, sound finder, etc. Since it is an open-source tool it supports various file formats like MP3, WAV, AIFF, PCM, AC3, AMR, WMA, MP4, etc. This open-source audio editing tool is compatible with various operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc.
- It is a free software
- It comes up with many effects
- It also supports VST plug-in
- It comes up with advanced audio editing
- It has come up with an inconsistent design
- The interface of this tool seems outdated
- Cockos Reaper: Cockos is another best audio editing software that comes up with some incredibly powerful features. This audio editing tool also supports multiple tracks and comes up with remarkable multichannel support. It comes up with 64 channels in each track. With the help of this software, it becomes possible for sound engineers to record audio to mono, stereo as well as multichannel audio files, etc. directly. Hence, with the help of this software, you will be able to record multiple disks at the same time. Moreover, you can also apply the effect in real-time in a non-destructive manner. The best thing about this type of software is that it supports various file formats that include MP3, MP4, W64, WMV, MPEG, MOV, etc.
- It is easy to navigate and customize and you can enhance the workflow
- It gives you easy access to the tools that you use the most
- It is used to delete and replace audio from the video popular
- This tool is not suitable for repair and refurbishment
- It is not compatible with any type of plugin formats
Also Read: Best Video Editing Software for Youtbe