Maybe you have ever wanted to know how to hack Facebook account? Maybe you’re a parent or a guardian, and you suspect that your child is chatting with the wrong people on this network. Maybe you think your child is following flawed characters on Facebook or consuming inappropriate content, like videos, on the platform. In the current world where social engineering is rampant, you want to know your family members are safe when using social media. Therefore, you feel a Facebook hack could help you discover the truth.
Almost every adult uses Facebook. With nearly 2.5 billion people using Facebook every month, this social media website is the largest worldwide. People have enjoyed using Facebook for years, and the number of users keeps growing by the day. Most Facebook users have trusted this social network for years. However, the increasing insecurity, especially social engineering, on different online platforms has prompted many to wonder whether somebody can hack Facebook.
While hacking a Facebook might seem like a Herculean task, it’s easy even for individuals without IT knowledge. Somebody can even use a phone number to steal your FB account, as reported by Forbes. Perhaps, you will lose trust in this globally leading social media platform due to a Facebook hack. Some people have lost extensive and sensitive data to hackers.
But before proceeding, please note that this article shouldn’t help you indulge in any illegal hacking activities. It guides you on how to hack Facebook account ethically. Also, the knowledge you acquire from reading this article can help you protect your account from hacks.
You may want to engage in ethical hacking for various reasons. For instance, you may want to know how hackers infiltrate their targets’ Facebook. That way, you can protect your FB account from personal information loss or data theft.
Facebook Hack: Top 4 Methods
Most people share information about their daily lives with loved ones on Facebook. For instance, you might share details of your occasions like anniversaries, birthdays, vacations, and business on this social media platform. Also, you could share cherished and emotional moments with friends and family on Facebook. Some people even share their philosophy and ideology on this platform. Essentially, somebody can easily track your daily routine and life on Facebook. Perhaps, the firm belief that nobody can hack an account may prompt you to share many things on this platform.
Maybe you think that only your Facebook followers can see what you share on this platform. However, somebody with bad intentions can steal and use the information you share on Facebook for malicious purposes. If criminals hack your Facebook account, they may use the information in it against you. And as a parent, this is a primary cause for concern.
Criminals can spy on your kids or loved ones on this platform and know your every activity. Once they have this information, they can execute their evil plans. Here are the top methods for a Facebook hack.
1. Using Keylogger to Hack Facebook Account
You can download a software keylogger on the target’s personal computer and activate it to record their keyboard strokes. The secret is to download software keyloggers without the target’s knowledge. And this software remains undetectable, running in the background. After capturing the victim’s keystrokes, it sends a report to your email address with the captured data.
Software keylogger like uMobix is surprisingly easy to use when hacking Facebook. Once you’ve downloaded and installed this keylogger to the victim’s PC, activating it enables you to track and even record every stroke they make on the keyboard. Here’s a step by step guide for using a software keylogger Facebook hack solution:
- Download and install the keylogger onto the victim’s personal computer. uMobix is a popular keylogger that you can use for a Facebook hack.
- Set up the keylogger and focus on hiding .exe application files to prevent detection.
- Bind the keylogger with a PDF, image, or other files to use File Binder to hide its presence.
The computer will automatically install the keylogger software once the target opens the file. And this will provide the hacker with the target’s Facebook password and username.
2. Hack Facebook on the Same Wi-Fi Android
Somebody can hack your Facebook when on the same Wi-Fi as your Android device. A hacker uses an application like Faceniff that enables them to intercept profiles in web sessions over various Wi-Fi networks, thereby getting the victim’s confidential data. Ideally, somebody can hack the Facebook of a person they are on the same Wi-Fi network with and access any information. Here’s how to hack Facebook account on a similar Wi-Fi connection.
- Download and install the Faceniff app.
- Open the Faceniff application after connecting to the internet.
- Click on the red button, which turns green after turning the sniffer on, taking the appearance of an Android device’s Firesheep.
- Firesheep or the Firefox extension allows unscrupulous users to perform a similar task. You can use Faceniff even on WPA encrypted Wi-Fi.
- Click the enter button to see the Facebook accounts on the same Wi-Fi network and select the one to hack.
- Clicking on the target’s account will log you in automatically, allowing you to do anything you want with it.
However, you may protect yourself from this hacking by activating HTTPS on the available services. Also, you can utilize a VPN to protect your connection when using public Wi-Fi.
3. Using Phishing to Hack Facebook Account
Phishing entails sending the target’s a fake page, and once they enter their password and username, you can fetch the details and upload them to your server. You can do phishing with Kali Linux or Kali Linux OS. That means you must first learn to install the OS on a personal computer. Here’s how to hack Facebook account with Kali Linux.
- Use root access to open Kali Linux as the ‘setoolkit’ requires root access.
- In the command line, type ‘setoolkit’.
- Agree that you will use the tool with proper authorization and license or for educational purposes by entering Y.
- The menu “next” will appear.
- Choose 1.
- To choose the “Credential Harvester Attack Method”, enter 3. And this will provide the credential information of the victim by generating a fake page and forming fields for the password and username.
- That step will provide the option for building a fraudulent page or cloning the Facebook site page or another trustworthy website.
- Enter 2 to receive a Clone page.
- Open a terminal window to get the IP address and type ifconfig.
- You will receive the IP address copy, like in the “inet” field.
- SET will require you to provide the IP address to find the victim’s confidential information.
- Enter the website’s domain or URL to make a clone.
- Enter Y once the system prompts you to start the Apache process.
- This step will complete the Phishing page set up and host it on the server. SET will inform you about the captured data storage directory.
- Use a service to shorten the UR to hide the IP address by changing the actual site’s URL.
- Type http://yourIP on the browser.
By filling in the information on this page and clicking “Log in”, the page will redirect them to the actual login page for Facebook. Most users will consider it a Facebook error and not take it seriously.
Perhaps, this phishing strategy is why many experts and service providers advise their customers not to enter passwords and usernames in URLs that strangers send to their text messages or emails.
4. Hack Facebook Account Using xMobi
Using xMobi for a Facebook hack entails creating a fake app that fools users. Google Play store hosts many counterfeit applications. While Google monitors these applications and tries to block them, hackers can trick users into installing them and use them to steal data, including Facebook account login details.
After creating fake apps, hackers shorten their links and send them via email addresses or messages, claiming they are advanced Facebook apps or something that might attract the targets.
Facebook Hack Using Cookies
Hackers can remove the cookies when the target logs into their account. That’s why experts recommend logging out after using your Facebook. Hackers use these cookies for hijacking attacks. Hackers can also use Kali Linux for this attack or the Beef Framework to hijack cookies.
Facebook uses Datr cookie to authenticate users. If a hacker gets your Facebook authentication cookies, they can inject them into their browser to access your account. Attackers use different methods to steal their target’s authentication cookies. For instance, an attacker on a hub-based network can sniff traffic using a packet sniffer to access the target’s account.
Other Ways to Hack Facebook Account
If the above methods don’t work, you can try other Facebook hack ways. Here are some of the different techniques to try.
1. Cracking User’s History
If you’re close to the target, you may have known something about their browsing history. For instance, you might know the phrases or words they commonly use as passwords and usernames on their computer system.
For instance, you might know the names or credentials that the target uses to log into different websites. Although this might require you to use several word combinations or common passwords, it may eventually work if you have been following the user’s history.
This technique works when you know the memorable passwords and phrases the victim uses most, especially if you spend time together using your devices. Also, most people store passwords in web browsers for easier access to various sites and applications. Therefore, you can easily follow the victim’s history to know where they keep their passwords. That way, you can steal their passwords and usernames to log in to their Facebook account without their knowledge.
2. Using a Monitoring App
You can also use a mobile monitoring app for a Facebook hack. A monitoring app enables you to monitor the target’s activity on this social media platform. The application helps you hack the victim’s Facebook account to know who they follow, the videos they watch, and even read their inbox messages. Cocospy is the most popular mobile monitoring app for hacking Facebook accounts.
Cocospy Hacking App
Cocospy tops the list of remote Facebook spying and surveillance applications. The primary purpose of this application is to facilitate ethical hacking, especially for parents that want to monitor their kids’ activity on social media. This app can operate on the target’s device without their knowledge and provide the user with all the necessary information.
The hacking app has several features, including tracking calls, geographical location, social media monitoring, text messages, the videos the target watches, etc. You can also use it to know where a family member is in real-time. Cocospy’s popular functionality is the ability to hack Facebook and other social media accounts.
You can hack Facebook using the Android keylogger feature or the iOS Facebook Spy feature with this application. The Android version for Cocospy comes with a keylogger function for registering and logging the keys that the target presses on their device. The app allows the user to access the target’s Facebook login details with this functionality.
Cocospy monitors and lists information specific to the target’s Facebook account, such as contact lists, comments, likes, and messages, with the Facebook Spy feature. The user can monitor all information Cocospy conveys remotely on their preferred device via an internet connection and a browser. Cocospy’s official website has several plans to which new users can subscribe.
3. Web Hackers – Pros and Cons
Web hacking can be a criminal activity or ethical. Hacking is unlawful if the hacker wants to access the target’s or victim’s information and use it for malicious or illegal activity. On the other hand, a company can hire hackers to engage in ethical hacking to ensure that the organization’s system can protect its data from attackers.
Pros of Web Hackers
Ethical hackers have the following benefits for an organization:
- Help in the fight against security breaches and cyber terrorism
- It helps organizations take preventative measures against criminals
- Help build robust systems that prevent hackers’ penetration
- Provide security to financial establishments like banks
- It can help an organization identify and zeal open holes in computer networks and systems
Cons of Web Hackers
Hackers can have several disadvantages, including the following:
- They can corrupt an organization’s data and files
- They use the information they acquire from hacking for malicious purposes
- Hackers can use techniques that may have a company’s or other people’s privacy
- Not all hacking is ethical
Hacking is not entirely wrong. It’s a technique that experts can use to understand different systems’ features and modify them to suit organizations’ or users’ needs. Since some people hack systems for evil purposes, hacking enables ethical experts to develop effective methods for preventing malicious people from infiltrating organization systems and hurting others.