Online shopping is more popular than ever before. Physical stores need some form of online presence to survive, and online stores need apps to make shopping even more convenient and accessible. In either case, you’ll need to hire retail & ecommerce software development services to take your business into the digital era.
What do retail & ecommerce software development services involve?
Ecommerce keeps accelerating. Today, ecommerce sales are worth nearly $30 billion, and it keeps climbing. In order to compete, modern stores are turning to custom ecommerce development services to create online stores and mobile apps.
Ecommerce simplifies the very complex processes it takes by creating a friendly user interface that customers can intuitively use and a complicated back-end that can perform sophisticated data collection and payment processing initiatives. As you can imagine, ecommerce software developers have to know exactly what they’re doing to keep everything running smoothly.
A custom ecommerce software development company will put everything you need to run an online store together, including integrations with ERP and accounting software, social media plugins, and more. They will put the user experience front and center so that even a non-technical person can use your site with ease.
Different types of ecommerce software
Every ecommerce project is handled differently, but in general, e-commerce software solutions development will specialize in areas in either on-premise or hosted Software-as-a-Service solutions. On-premise solutions that are managed on-site in large data centers, usually by internal software development teams. SaaS or Software as Service solutions that operate in the cloud. Developers will assist with design and custom features but may also help with custom solutions, API integration, updates, patches, and security.
What are the benefits of e-commerce applications software development?
If you hire developers to work on your e-commerce app or site, there are a few inherent benefits that you will enjoy.
- Improved SEO. You don’t have to be a search optimization expert to run your ecommerce store. Your developers will equip your site with built-in SEO tools and will construct the app or site according to best practices so that you will rank higher in search engines. This will not only lure new customers to your site but lower your acquisition costs.
- Calculate costs. You can automate your entire checkout: print shipping labels, calculate taxes based on where your customers live, and send a series of notification emails to customers so that the payment side becomes hands-off and easy to manage.
- Manage your products. Not all e-commerce developers are focused on the front-end. Developers that specialize in machine learning can help you manage your inventory automatically and gain insights into shopper preferences.
- Customer and order management. You can invest in order management software for your site so that orders are managed from arrival to deliver. Check order statuses, personalized notes, integrate with your CRM or email platform to communicate with customers, and do so much more.
- Enhance the shopping experience for customers. Your customers need to find what they are looking for and feel compelled to make a purchase. If the search bar doesn’t work, if there aren’t prompts that create a sense of urgency, or if the site is hard to navigate, your developers haven’t done their job.
What programming languages are used for ecommerce?
If you are thinking of taking your brick-and-mortar store online or want to create an online shopping app to complement your existing website, you need retail & ecommerce software development services to transform your business.